Monday, November 29, 2010

Homemade Pedialyte

Grape Homemade Pedialyte Recipe:1 liter drinkable water

1 tablespoon salt

2-3 tablespoons sugar

1/2 packet grape kool-aid

Cherry Homemade Pedialyte Recipe:

1 liter drinkable water

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1 tablespoon salt

3 tablespoons sugar

1/2 packet cherry jello

I found this on yahoo.com - the contributor states not to worry about measuring exactly, and also says that you can use different flavors. She wrote that her kids like the Jello version better.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Hmmm... wonder how long it would store and what kind of container would you store it in? Room temp or in the fridge? Have you/your kids tried it yet?

Meghann said...

I put it in the fridge in a container just like what I make KoolAid in. Next time I'd probably do a half batch, or make half in to popsicles. He liked it: I tasted it, and it tastes the same as Pedialyte (which is horrbile) but you can add sugar to sweeten it if your kids don't like it. I served it room temp/warmed for 30s because that is what we did with his milk. I think it'd keep for 3-4 days?

Post a Comment