Sunday, August 15, 2010

Plaza III Steak Soup

1 stick butter/margarine
1c flour
1/2 gallon water
2c. lean ground beef
1c. chopped onion
1c. chopped carrot
1c. chopped celery
2c. frozen mixed veggies (we did 1c each frozen corn and frozen green beans.)
1 lg can diced tomatoes
1T Accent seasoning (good, but not essential)
2T beef base
1T or less black pepper (2t. is more my taste, 1T is pretty peppery)
1T salt (I use way less.)

Melt the stick of butter in a pan and whip in 1c flour to make a smooth paste.
Stir in 1/2 gal water a little bit at a time - heat for a few minutes to create a thicker soup. Saute seperately 2c. lean ground beef (I used 1lb) and add to soup.
Add remaining ingredients.
Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer and cook until vegetables are done.

Freezes extremely well! Next time I might add some potato, unless I was planning to freeze some.

No comments:

Post a Comment